Technical Sales Specialist
JOB TYPE Full-time
REPORTS to President
PURPOSE The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for maximizing sales, profitability, growth and product penetration within an assigned territory.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to)
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers to generate new business for Malabar’s products and services;
- Research sources to develop prospective customers and determine their potential; – Develop and maintain customer relationships through in-person meetings, follow-up calls and emails;
- Develop clear and effective proposals/quotes for current and existing customer base;
- Address all customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction. Escalate as required;
- Coordinate sales efforts with Marketing, Inventory, and Operations;
- Analyze the territory’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization;
- Create and manage a customer value plan to identify share and value opportunities;
- Updated SalesForce with highlights of each customer meeting, enter new projects and record samples as they are shipped. Include notes on customer needs, problems, interests, and potential for new products;
- Prompt follow up with potential and existing customers as projects and/or samples are initiated;
- Stay abreast of the industry developments and their impact on the organization’s competitiveness and product offerings;
- Actively participate in trade shows, training seminars, and conventions.
- Travel across Canada/US 25% of the time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent work experience;
- Meat industry experience – knowledge of process, equipment, ingredients is preferred;
- 2-3 years of direct sales experience in B2B environment, comfortable at all customer levels from large industrial producers to small deli shops
- Solid knowledge of MS Office is required;
- Experience in contact management software;
- Valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional organizational skills are a must;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Results-driven; – Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving;
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and resolve discrepancies in a reasonable amount of time.
- Really looking for someone who has worked or trained in the meat sector to add to our team
While performing the duties of the job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Some light lifting (up to 25 lbs) is required. Incumbent often works under pressure and time constraints.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.